Monday, April 6, 2009

I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You

Life is so very interesting. I find myself not only intrigued, but simply in awe. I currently reside in a place of uncertainty, and it's not that I don't like it, but that I have always been a person who knows what's going on. I like to feel in control. I like to know what is going to happen, when, why, and where. And God has truly found a way to humble me. I'm not scared, but rather trusting. I'm not sad, but hopeful. I have always prided myself in the amount of optimism that I can hold and I think it's nothing short of a gift from God. But in an attempt to maintain some form of modesty, I'll move on.

My point is that through common uncertainty is the most certain thing of all: I have salvation, and along with that, eternal life for myself and anyone I come in contact with. My petty problems hold no ground against the Lord's truth and ultimate certainty, but what's amazing is that He still cares that I hurt from my small insignificant problems. And I know He is with me and this situation, and I trust him completely to answer my prayers and give me the desires of my heart.

No comments: