Sunday, July 11, 2010

Inspiration ----> Production

So I got the urge the other day to get a wall hanger with hooks on it. I found this one at Target that I liked a lot.

I almost bought it, but, on a whim, was inspired to do something more DIY. I wanted to make something similar, but with a more "me" touch to it, and I wanted to do it for less than buying the one from Target. This unit costs 29.99, so that was my budget. And this is what I ended up with.



I love how it turned out. It was fun to make and the wood log idea came out just the way I saw it in my head.
Here's the cost breakdown:
Hooks: 4 @ $2 a piece ($8)
Wood: Roughly $1 for the piece I used
Wall mounting Hardware: $5
Grand Total = $14

Not only did I save $15, but I got some wall hooks that have a special touch to them. I'm currently using this to hang my jeans.






I've got some more projects coming up soon.

No comments: