Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Husband in happiness

I'm back! Back from the honeymoon, back to work, back to regular life (although regular life includes a wife now) and I'm loving it. Being married is so cool. I know that "it's gonna be tough" and "I've got a lot to learn" and every other bit of advice that I've been given by married couples young and old. The truth is, I don't like it when people tell me stuff like that. It makes me feel like they regret their marriage, like they want out. As if I've made some huge mistake (which unfortunately some would argue). I never want to see my marriage or my wife in any form of negative light. I know this will take a lot of work and, most of all, Jesus, but I think it's worth it...

Don't you?

So for everyone who has given me their advice, I'd like to give some in return:

Love your spouse like you just got married two weeks ago.

It's a place where differences don't matter, fights are rare, and smiles are constant. Find that place and live there.


Us dressed up all fancy on our honeymoon

2 comments:

Ash said...

I completely agree. Those conversations are weird! Let's go on a double newlywed adventure

MissAdventure said...

All advice is autobiographical. If someone gives you that advice, it's not because they're not happy...it's because at some point they were in your situation and were disillusioned when reality set in. They just want you to be prepared so you won't be as shocked as they were when it happened. But they got through it, and so will you, so enjoy the ride. It is worth it.